Sales Sets can be uploaded/imported from a Point of Sale system (POS) using the “Process > Upload Sales Data” page.
This document describes the process of uploading sales data.
The Sales Upload function accepts a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file in the following format:
|POS ID||The value used to identify the Menu Item in the POS (Point of Sale) system.||
|Qty||The number of items sold.||
|Price||The price at which the items were sold.||
The following table shows an example of valid upload data:
- Duplicate rows for the same POS ID are allowed
- The default Sell Price for the Menu Item will be used if no Price is provided in the upload file.
POS ID Attribute
To enable to sales data to be uploaded, the POS ID/code associated with the Menu Item must be recorded.
This is done using the “POS ID” Attribute, as follows:
- Select “Edit > Recipe” menu item
- Click the “Attributes” tab
- Enter “POS ID” into the “Attribute” field
- Enter the ID/code from the POS system into the “Value” field
To upload the file:
- Select the “Period” with which the data is associated.
- Select the “Menu” with which the data is associated.
- Select the file to be uploaded.
- Click the “Import” button.
After the file is uploaded, a summary will be displayed, with details of any errors that occur.
Viewing Upload Results
Click on the “Process > Enter Sales Set” menu item to view the results of the upload.